Golden Visa, Portugal Property
A new scheme introduced by the Portuguese government to facilitate non European nationals to move, live and work in the country by way of a Golden Visa. The qualifying criteria for obtaining this visa are rather straight forward whereby potential applicant must meet one of the following:
- Transfer of capital to Portugal of over €1,000,000
- Create new employment for a minimum of 10 people in Portugal
- Purchase of real estate to the value of at least €500,000
- Invest in various scientific, artistic, heritage sites to the value of at least €350,000
For real estate investments there are a number of further permutations to be considered:
- For partners purchasing real estate together, both (or all if more than 2) must invest the minimum €500,000 to qualify for the Visa
- Bank financing can be obtained, so long as the minimum investment level is met. i.e. €500,000+
The family members of the Visa holder are also granted the same privileges through way of a family reunion application.
If you’re interested in finding out more about how to obtain a Golden Visa please contact us and we’ll be happy to help.